The Hood River County Republican Party is an active organization working to:
- Promote Republican ideals and principles
- Register voters
- Educate Republicans on the importance of voting
- Recruit and retain precinct committee persons (PCP’s)
- Organize a “Get-Out-The-Vote” program
- Elect Republican candidates to office
The Hood River County Republican Central Committee is the official state Republican group in Hood River County. It has no paid employees (all volunteers). The committee performs duties prescribed by law and does all things necessary to carry on a full-time, aggressive party program.
Hood River County Republicans has about 13 precincts with committee persons, who do the business of the party in the county. If you’re interested in becoming one of them, click here!
Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at the China Gorge Restaurant.
The Hood River County Republican Party believes:
- that the best government is that which governs least.
- in defending our nation and supporting our Armed Forces and Veterans.
- in securing peace through strength, freedom, and human rights around the world.
- in fiscal responsibility and sound money policy and an end to deficit spending.
- government should tax only to raise money for its essential functions.
- free markets and individual initiative is the only way to opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.
- in aggressively increasing our nation’s energy supply in an environmentally responsible way to meet both short and long-term needs.
- in addressing climate change based on scientifically sound, technology-driven, market-based solutions.
- government should protect private property rights.
- government should protect the natural beauty of America.
- we oppose socialized medicine in the form of a government-run universal health care system.
- in the law-abiding citizen’s right to keep and bear arms for self-protection.
- in vigorous action against crime in all forms.
- in equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age, or disability.
- in the inherent dignity and sanctity of all human life and oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion.
- the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
- all of the preceding beliefs are founded and can be defended by the United States Constitution. Let us strive to teach it to our young people, so we remain a free and prosperous country
Paid for by the Hood River County Republican Central Committee.
Not Authorized By Any Candidate Or Candidate Committee.